M, #121, b. circa 1759, d. 9 April 1834
- Birth*: circa 1759; Birth year calculated from reported age at death
- Death*: 9 April 1834; aged 75 years3,4
- Burial*: Presbyterian Church graveyard, Lewisburg, Union Co., Pennsylvania; presumably first buried at Presbyterian Chyurch
- Burial: Lewisburg Cemetery, Lewisburg, Union Co., Pennsylvania; "re-interred 22 Nov 1849"
Last Edited: 15 Aug 2017
- Residence*: 1825; Myerstown, Lebanon Co., Pennsylvania6
- Residence: 1826; Palmyra, Lebanon Co., Pennsylvania6
- Residence: 1834; Lewisburg, Union Co., Pennsylvania5
- Note*: The will of Frances Moore of Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania, who died 1858, states: "to the daughters of my cousin John Moore: Jane B Sheller, Elizabeth Moore and Maria Bell the sum of 25 dollars each"1
- Note: A record ascribed to William Moore of Lebanon (d. 1841) states: "John Moore, 2nd cousin, d. April 9, 1834 ;".2
- Note: William Geddes wrote from Londonderry January the 16th 1826:
"There has nothing extraordinary occured since my last letter, amongst your acquaintances, unlefs it is the marriage of Mr. Bell, who was married sometime in October or Nov. to a Mifs Moore formerly of Myerstown, but at present of Palmyra. Her father is a storekeeper and keeps store in I. Barnett’s house, in Co. with some others. Hugh Sheller is his clerk. He removed from his former place of residence on account of the canal which is a money making businefs for the store and tavern keepers, as the Irish spends their money as fast as they earn it, either in grog or clothing."6
- Note: On 21 Oct 1834 William Geddes wrote that "Berryhill Bell’s fatherinlaw died last summer & he has made a tolerable haul. His brotherinlaw Hugh Sheller and him fell out about the division of the effects and are now bad friends."4
- [S23] Berks County, Pennsylvania. Register of Wills and Clerk of the Orphans' Court. FHL microfilm series titled 'Estate files, 1752-1915'. File: Moore, Frances, WD, 1858. FHL microfilm 2368305. On FamilySearch.org Pennsylvania Probate Records, 1683-1994, Berks, Estates…, images 32-60.
- [S74] Guilford, Billy. 'William Moore record'. One paragraph of the 'Genealogy of the Graff Family', page 6. Referring to William Moore of Lebanon (d. 1841), the paragraph starts "in his family bible are found records of other members of his family who emigrated to America", and goes on to list seventeen people with death dates.
- [S121] Lewisburg Cemetery, Union Co., Pa. Gravestone photos. And gravestone transcriptions by Mrs. Martha Bartol in 1924, compiled by Forrest Fothergil, partial copy. Courtesy of Union County Historical Society.
- [S67] Geddes, William. website: John & William Geddes Letters, Ann Arbor District Library. url: www.aadl.org/geddes_letters. Letters of William Geddes of Campbellstown, Dauphin Co., Pa., Letter From William Geddes to John Geddes, October 21, 1834.
- [S62] FindAGrave.com.
- [S67] Geddes, William. website: John & William Geddes Letters, Ann Arbor District Library. url: www.aadl.org/geddes_letters. Letters of William Geddes of Campbellstown, Dauphin Co., Pa., Letter from William Geddes to John Geddes, January 16, 1826.