M, #2610, b. 18 November 1627, d. 19 October 1691
- Baptism*: 18 November 1627; Runcorn Parish, Cheshire, England1
- Marriage*: circa 1646; Principal:Sarah (?)1
- Marriage*: 1665; Principal:Ellen (?)1
- Death*: 19 October 1691; Oxford Twp., Philadelphia Co., Pennsylvania; 8th mo 19 1691
"Buried in the Burying place in Oxford near Tacony bridge"2
Last Edited: 16 Dec 2013
- Immigration*: 1683; Pennsylvania; Date of arrival in Philadelphia is not known. He does not appear on passenger lists. He served on a grand jury in Philadelphia 11 Jan 1683.3
- Note*: Son of Thomas Livesey and Anne Garratt, of Norton, Runcorn Parish, Cheshire, England.1
- Note: 1) 1653 cow taken & imprisoned 6 weeks 5 days as Quaker
2) 1673 & 1674 residing Runcorn Parish, taxed for one hearth
3) 1682 Mar 2 & 3, purchased 250 acres in Penn. at £5.5.0 per acre
4) Immigration. Ship unknown. Relatives Jonathan & Gilbert Livesey were masters of vessels making regular runs between Liverpool and Virginia.
5) 1683 Dec 20 sold city lot No 150 to John Green for £46.10.0
6) 1683 Jan 11 grand juror in Philadelphia
7) 1684 Feb 20 obtained warrant for 250 acres in Pemapecka, later called Dublin township. Patented an additional 250 acres. 25 Apr 1686 received deed for 500 (not 750) acres. [Located about two miles west of Northeast Philadelphia Airport, in the 19111 zip, bounded by Cottman Rd to SW, Verree Rd to NW, Dungan Rd to SW, and including part of Pennypack Park to the NE. Rhawn St intersects across the middle.]
8) Probably members of Friends Tookany (Tacony) Monthly Meeting [formed 6 mo 1683, became Oxford MM 4 mo 1685]. 1687 2nd mo Dublin Meetings began. They were members.1
- Note: "...William Penn conveyed to Thomas Leuisley or Leusley of Norton, in the county of Chester, England, March 2-3, 1681, two hundred and fifty acres of land in Pennsylvania."4
- Note: Will abstract: "No. 89. THOMAS LIVEZEY, Township of Dublin, County of Philadelphia. Bond and Mortgage from my sonn Jonathan Livezey for the Payment of 100 pounds being for Purchase of two hundred and fifty acres of Land. Legacies to Dau. Ann Littlemore and her three eldest children. Daughter Margarett Lorenson and her three eldest children. Daughter-in-law Rachell Livezey. Grandson Thomas Liveazey. Granddaughter Mary Livezey. Richard Dungworth and William Preston. I order six pounds for my Coffin and Funerall Expences. Sonn Jonathan Livezey, 250 acres of Land during his life, then to his sonn Thomas Livezey. Sonn Jonathan Livezey, my riding horse, and my bed with what bedding belongs to it. Granddaughter Mary Livezey one great Chest. Ex. Jonathan Livezey and William Preston.
Signed 6-12, 1691. Proved 4-22, 1692.
Witnesses: Joseph Paull, William Preston."
From: http://www.ancestorspy.com/PA/philwills.asp. [link invalid 10/16/2010]
Ancestryspy.com abstract corresponds well to orginal will, viewed by compiler on FHL microfilm 21721.5
- Note: Note that Charles Harper Smith has adjusted some but not all pre-1752 dates to New Style, and does not indicate which are which. For example, in the list of children of Thomas Livezey, he lists "Jonathan, born at Norton 4 mo. 18, 1666" and in a footnote below says "Jonathan Livezey was born June 29, 1666".6
- [S266] The Livezey Family; A Genealogical and Historical Record; assembled for The Livezey Association. by Charles Harper Smith. publ. 1934 Buchanan Co., Philadelphia, p. 13-18.
- [S415] Society of Friends, Abington Monthly Meeting, Births & Deaths 1682-1809 Vol I. Filmed at Friends Historical Library, Swarthmore College. FHL microfilm 20,375. Appear to be original records., p. 273.
- [S266] The Livezey Family; A Genealogical and Historical Record; assembled for The Livezey Association. by Charles Harper Smith. publ. 1934 Buchanan Co., Philadelphia, p. 14.
- [S34] Biographical annals of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, containing genealogical records of representative families, including many of the early settlers and biographical sketches of prominent citizens. ed. by Ellwood Roberts. Publ. 1904, T. S. Benham, N.Y., N.Y., p. 32-33.
- [S356] Philadelphia Co., Pennsylvania. Register of Wills. filmed at City Hall, Phila. FHL microfilm series titled 'Wills, 1682-1916; indexes to wills, 1682-1924'.
- [S266] The Livezey Family; A Genealogical and Historical Record; assembled for The Livezey Association. by Charles Harper Smith. publ. 1934 Buchanan Co., Philadelphia, p. 18.