M, #2527, d. between 10 December 1707 and 20 February 1707/8
- Marriage*: Principal:Niske (?)2
- Death*: between 10 December 1707 and 20 February 1707/8; Germantown, Philadelphia Co., Pennsylvania; Dates will written & probated
Last Edited: 27 Mar 2012
- Name Variation: Arent Klincken3
- Immigration*: circa 1691; Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co., Pennsylvania
- Note*: Earliest American record: Germantown, 1691.3
- Note: Aret Klincken appears in Germantown records 1692 through 1703.
He appears in Abington Friends Monthly Meeting records 1695 through 1706, attending Quarterly Meetings 1698 through 1706; overseer of Germantown meeting in 1702 and 1706.
He purchased 50 acres of land in Germantown in 1697.1
- Note: Clarence V. Roberts' abstract of Aret Klincken's will:
"Will of Aret Klincken, Germantown.
Dated 12-10-1707/8; pr. Feby. 20, 1707/8.
To my wife Niske Klincken, the use of my estate, real and personal, until my son Anthony Klincken shall marry - she to have his tuition until then, after which she is to have 'a certain upper room in my now dwelling house,' with £12 per year.
To my eldest dau. Ellin Williams, £25 Pa.
To my youngest dau. Euneke Kunders, £56 Pa.
All residue, real and personal, to my son Anthony Klincken.
Execrs.: my nephew Dirk Jansen and my friend Francis Daniel Pastorius.
(Signed) Arret Klincken
'after the Word (Six) was interlined between the 18th & 19th lines wch sd Six pounds were added for some Weaving Tools Intended to his said Daughter's Husband Cunrad Cunrads . . . . . and that the above Legacys to his two Daughters shall be paid after the decease of his said wife, and her Cloaths then fall to the Share of her own Daughter Euneke.'
Witnesses: Dennis Kunders, Abraham Tunes, William Streypers, Peter Shoemaker.
[Phila. Will Book C, p. 71]"1
- [S23] Ancestry of Clarence V. Roberts & Frances A. (Walton) Roberts : comprising a chart and sketches of some fifty-six ancestral families who settled mostly in or near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. by Clarence V. Roberts. Published 1940 by the compiler; printers Wm. F. Fell, Phila., p. 144-147.
- [S23] Ancestry of Clarence V. Roberts & Frances A. (Walton) Roberts : comprising a chart and sketches of some fifty-six ancestral families who settled mostly in or near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. by Clarence V. Roberts. Published 1940 by the compiler; printers Wm. F. Fell, Phila., p. 144-147, will of Aret Kinchen.
- [S511] William Penn and the Dutch Quaker Migration to Pennsylvania, by William I. Hull. Genealogical Publ Co. 1970 Baltimore., p. 238, 402.
- [S415] Society of Friends, Abington Monthly Meeting, Births & Deaths 1682-1809 Vol I. Filmed at Friends Historical Library, Swarthmore College. FHL microfilm 20,375. Appear to be original records., p. 18.