M, #1238, d. between 29 July 1766 and 25 August 1766
- Marriage*: October 1734; Burlington Co., New Jersey; Principal:Mary Johnson1,2
- Death*: between 29 July 1766 and 25 August 1766; Greenwich Twp., Gloucester Co. (old), New Jersey; Will written and inventory
Last Edited: 10 Apr 2012
- Note*: "1766, July 29. Hopper, Samuel, of Greenwich Twsp., Gloucester Co.; will of. Lands and chattels to be sold. Wife, £300. Son, John 5 shillings. Daughter, Mary Hopper, £250. Daughter, Elizabeth, £150. Executor - my friend, James Hinchman. Witnesses - Caleb Bickman, Isaac Hopper, Margret Boyle. Proved Jan. 12, 1767.
"1766, Aug. 25. Inventory, £405.6.0..."3
- Note: Samuel Mickle's Diary
1825 "7/24. Cousin Jos. Whitall informed me his cousin Sam'l Cooper (stiled General Cooper) near ye lower bridge over Raccon Creek deceased yesterday to be interred ye P.M. who used to farm for Uncle Jno Ladd deceased. Said Robert Cooper and Benj Whitall ea married a daughter of John Hopper dec'd, said J. H. dwelt on ye farm whereon Benj. Lord now resides."4
- Note: Meldrum, in the section on Intentions, states that Samuel's father was John Hopper, Sr. Stewart, transcribing the same Intentions, did not include any parent information, as he usually did when it was present in the record.5
- [S147] Frank H. Stewart, 'Records of Newton and Haddonfield Monthly Meetings', The Genealogical Magazine of New Jersey. series vol 3 (1929) to vol 5., Declarations of Intentions, 3:67.
- [S46] Burlington County New Jersey Marriages. compiled by H. Stanley Craig. publ. by Craig, Merchantville NJ. Reprinted 1977 by Gloucester County Historical Society., p. 116, citing "County Clerk's Records, recorded from 1795 to 1840 [sic].
- [S101] Documents relating to the colonial, revolutionary and post-revolutionary history of the state of New Jersey. aka New Jersey Archives., 33:204.
- [S324] Notes On Old Gloucester County New Jersey. volumes I, II & III compiled & edited by Frank H. Stewart. Originally publ. Camden & Woodbury JN, Vol I 1917, Vol II 1934, Vol III 1937. reprinted Genealogical Publishing Co. Baltimore, 1977., Vol 1, p. 235-236.
- [S111] Early Church Records of Gloucester County, New Jersey. by Charlotte D. Meldrum & John Pitts Launey. publ. Willow Bend Books, Westminster, Maryland, 2002., Haddonfield Monthly Meeting, Declarations of Intent, p. 71.
- [S434] Society of Friends, Haddonfield Monthly Meeting, N.J. , filmed at Dept of Friends Records, 302 Arch St, Phila. FHL microfilm 20,463. Original records., Children of Samuel & Mary Hopper, I Record of Births & Deaths 1690-1820, p. 36.