F, #1064, b. circa 1767, d. 19 June 1848
- Marriage*: Principal=William Anthony3
- Birth*: circa 1767;calculated from reported age at death
- Death: 1848;age 813
- Death*: 19 June 1848;New Jersey;Ewing Presbyterian Church Yard, gravestone inscriptions: "Anthony, Martha, wife of William, d. June 19, 1848; a. 84y"4,5
- Note*: "William [Anthony], b. abt. 1765; md. Martha Biles of Maidenhead, who d. June 19,1848, aged 81 (Obit. notice)."6
- Note: Trenton State Gazette (Trenton, NJ), June 21, 1848:
"Died. On the 19th instant, Mrs. Martha Antohny, widow of the late William Anthony, deceased, in the 81st year of her age...funeral from the residence of Mr. Asa Fish [son-in-law], in Ewing..."5
- Note: "He [Thomas Jefferson Biles] living with his grandfather [William Biles, husband of Mary Opdike] saw some of them often and knew them well. His grandfather had one brother Alexander, who had only one daughter Martha, who married Wm. Anthony."2
Last Edited: 5 Sep 2014
- [S118] Eli F. Cooley and William S. Cooley, Early Settlers in Trenton and Ewing, p. 7.
- [S249] Letters from John A. Biles (1858-1929), Wyalusing, Penn. to Warren S. Ely, dated 4 April 1927 & 9 May 1927, relating conversations he had 22 Feb 1883 with brothers Thomas Jefferson Biles, Israel Biles and Charles Biles, residents of Trenton New Jersey. The letters are contained in the section entitled "Biles and allied families of Tindall", from the "Ely Collection, by Warren S. and Josephine I. Ely", call number "FC Bi", at Historical Society of Pennsylvania. See key note under Thomas Jefferson Biles.
- [S118] Eli F. Cooley and William S. Cooley, Early Settlers in Trenton and Ewing.
- [S282] Mercer Co., Pa., Gravestone Inscriptions; microfilm 441,467 Item 2.
- [S480] Website GenealogyBank.com.
- [S54] Charles Carroll Gardner, "Genealogical Dictionary."