M, #781, d. before 16 June 1702
- Birth: Dunham, Nottinghamshire, England2
- Marriage*: England; his 1st; Principal:Mary Senior1
- Marriage*: 9 November 1699; Burlington, p. 84; Principal:Rachel Lee1,3,2
- Death*: before 16 June 17021
Last Edited: 26 Mar 2012
- Immigration*: circa 1685; New Jersey
- Note*: "Ely...late of Dunham, Nottinghamshire...Joshua Ely with his family joined the West Jersey Colony sometime prior to 1685, at which date four hundred acres of the Ballifield plantation of his brother-in-law were transferred to him...having a frontage on the Delaware of five-eights of a mile and extending back from the river one mile...resided there until his death in 1702...Apparently, Joshua Ely severed his connection with the Society of Friends prior to his removal to New Jersey" Source contains copy of complete will transcription..."From. Lib. 1, Folio 21 - Office Sec'y of State, Trenton" Dated 6th day Nov 1700, probated 1704, inventory taken 4th mo. 16 1702.1
- [S390] Reuben Pownall Ely, Warren Smedley Ely and Daniel Brittain Ely, Ely Revell Stacye Families.
- [S227] James W. Moore, Rev John Moore.
- [S21] American Marriage Records Before 1699. Edited & compiled by William Montgomery Clemens. orig publ 1925 Biblio Co. Pompton Lakes NJ. reprinted 1967 Genealogical Publ. Co.