M, #107, b. 4 February 1683/84, d. December 1759
Last Edited: 17 Oct 2014
- Note: "Edward [Hunt], b. 4 Feb. 1683/4 (Newtown Town Records, pub. in N.Y. Gen. and Biog. Record, LXIV, 32); of Hunterdon Co., N.J., 1716.1
- Note: "1757, Oct. 28. Hunt, Edward, of Maidenhead, Hunterdon Co.; will of. Children - James, Sarah, Anna, Anglica and Elenor. Grandchildren - Benjamin, Daniel, Nathaniel and Elizabeth (sons and daughters of dec'd eldest son, Edward), legacy to the old or first Presbyterian Congregation in Hopewell and Maidenhead. Real and personal estate. Executors - son-in-law, Isaac Lanning, and nephew, Edward son of brother Ralph Hunt. Witnesses - Joseph Scudder, Joseph Reed and John Guild. Proved Dec. 13, 1759. (on the will are endorsed receipts for legacies of Henry Cook for wife Eleanor, and Ebenezer Earle, for wife Anglica.
1759, Dec. 12. Inventory, £198.4.9, incl. a negro man, £50; a negro girl, £50; a looking glass, £1.5; made by Joseph Scudder and Nathan Moore. Lib. 11, p. 415"4,2
- Note: Regarding the name of Edward Hunt's wife:
Cook wrote: "The name of his [Edward Hunt's] wife, not mentioned in his Will of 28 October 1757, has not been recovered for this report. She was certainly not 'Elizabeth, daughter of Jonathan and Hannah (Lawrence) Hazard', as stated in Wyman, Genealogy of Hunt, (1862), page 162 and misquoted in TE, page 145 [Cooley, Trenton and Ewing, Mercer Co., N.J., 1883], both of which have now been corrected in TAG 26, pages 1-7."
See also Mitchell J. Hunt's paper.3,5
- [S257] Lewis D. Cook, "Ralph Hunt of Newtown, L.I."
- [S256] Lewis D. Cook, "Anthony Cook's Descendents."
- [S372] "Ralph Hunt of Newtown, Queen County, Long Island, New York ; and his descendants in Hopewell and Maidenhead Twp., Hunterdon County, New Jersey and Sussex County, New Jersey; Louisville, Kentucky; Rowan County, North Carolina, Ohio, and Missouri, etc."; by Lewis D. Cook. unpublished manuscript. Historical Society of Pennsylvania, call number Gen Hu13., p. 16.
- [S101] Documents relating to the colonial, revolutionary and post-revolutionary history of the state of New Jersey. aka New Jersey Archives., Vol.32, p. 170; Calendar of Wills Vol. 3. Will of Edward Hunt, 1757.
- [S136] "An evaluation of the Consuelo Furman manuscript (1955) on Ralph Hunt of Long Island (which concludes erroneously that Ralph Hunt of Long Island and Ralph of Virginia were the same) : in context of genealogies of the unrelated pioneers, Thomas Hunt of Westchester, New York and Ralph Hunt of Long Island : with notes on early Hunts of Virginia and other early Hunts of Long Island and New York", by Mitchell J. Hunt. 1985. 38 page manuscript. FHL Microfilm 1697418. Available on web via FamilySearch catalog., p. 13.