F, #74, b. 8 January 1653
- Birth*: 8 January 1653; Saco, York Co., Maine1
- Marriage*: Principal=James Smith1
- Marriage*: Principal=Christopher Grant1
- Baptism: 29 June 1693; Montreal, New France1
- Note*: On 29 March 1689/90 a combined French and Indian party, raided the village of Salmon Falls, the present-day Berwick, Maine, killing many, and capturing fifty-four persons, mostly women and children. The names of some captives appear in French Canadian records, including Martha Mills and her son John Smith. Baptised in Montreal in 1693, both eventually returned to New England.
Last Edited: 17 Jan 2015
- [S56] New England captives carried to Canada between 1677 and 1760, during the French and Indian Wars, by Emma Lewis Coleman. Heritage Books, orig. publ. Portland, Me., Southworth Press, 1925., Vol. 1, p. 186-188.