F, #69, d. between 1664 and 1671
- Marriage*: Principal=John Wadleigh1
- Immigration*: Presumably from England with her husband in 1630.
- Death*: between 1664 and 1671; Wells, York Co., Maine; Dates of deed and husband's will
- Note*: John Wadleigh's wife is named as Mary in documents from 1654 and 1663; and in his 1671 will he requests to buried next to his deceased wife.
This compiler has presumed with no further evidence that she was the mother of the children named in John Wadleigh's will, and hence that they married in England, and immigrated together with children.
- Note: "absent from meeting"
[What meeting? Any help is appreciated.]2
- Note: On 19 December 1663 John Wadleigh of Wells, with the consent of his wife Mary Wadleigh, sold to Francis Littlefield senior seven and a half acres of salt marsh in Wells. Signed by John Wadleighs and Mary Wadleigh, both by mark. Acknowledged by both 18 April 1664. Recorded York Deeds, 6 May 1664.1
Last Edited: 9 Jan 2015
- [S53] York County Maine deed transcriptions on NEHGS website database "Maine: Early Wills & Deeds", based on CD "Early Maine deeds & wills ed. Jennifer P. Moss, publ. NEHGS 2006, based on William M. Sargent's Maine wills 1640-1760, published in 1887, and York deeds, published between 1887 and 1910..."., Vol. 1, p. 260-261 (Book 1, part 1, folio 148-9).
- [S51] Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire, by Sybil Noyes, Charles Thornton Libby, Walter Goodwin Davis. Orig. publ. in five parts Portland 1928-39., p. 707.
- [S60] Province and court records of Maine. Portland, Maine Historical Society, 1928-1958., Book II, p. 244-246. Will of John Wadleigh.