- Marriage*: 21 November 1811; Candia, Rockingham Co., New Hampshire; Principal=John Lane1,2,3
- Note*: The ancestors of Nabby Emerson have not been well researched by the author of this database, nor posted to this database. See the Haverhill Emerson book and Marden's article on the Tiltons. Also a quick survey using AmericanAncestor.org and pedigrees posted on WorldConnect indicates that her ancestral lines have been researched and published in various books and journal articles. At least forty five American ancestors are known. Nabby Emerson's parents were Nathaniel Emerson and Sarah Tilton. He is the Lieutenant Colonel Nathaniel Emerson who served at Bennington and Rhode Island. Nabby Emerson's paternal grandparents were Samuel Emerson and Sarah Ayer, daughter of Samuel. Nabby Emerson's maternal grandparents were Sherburne Tilton, great grandson of William Tilton, and Anne Hilliard.4,5,6,7
Last Edited: 30 Sep 2015
- [S112] Candia, New Hampshire, Microfilm of original records in Town Hall. Record of Marriages, Births and Deaths 1743-1863. FHL Microfilm 2169970., p. 99.
- [S6] Lane Genealogies Volume I William Lane of Boston Mass., 1648, including the records of Edmund J. Lane and James P. Lane, by Rev Jacob Chapman & Rev James H Fitts. Exeter NH, The News Letter Press, 1891., p. 82.
- [S21] The Haverhill Emersons; Part First. Compiled by Charles Henry Pope. Murran & Emery Co. Boston, 1913. And same title, Part Second, published 1916. [Viewed at Sutro Lib. fiche G3 G1083; also at HeritageQuest], p. 74.
- [S17] The Haverhill Emersons, Revised and Extended; from the original compilation of 'The Haverhill Emersons, Parts I & II by Rev. Charles Henry Pope'. by Jane Emerson James. publ. 1983 by author.
- [S21] The Haverhill Emersons; Part First. Compiled by Charles Henry Pope. Murran & Emery Co. Boston, 1913. And same title, Part Second, published 1916. [Viewed at Sutro Lib. fiche G3 G1083; also at HeritageQuest]
- [S38] "Descendants of William Tilton of Lynn, Massachusetts, Through the line of his son Daniel Tilton" by Barbara B. Marden. The Essex Genealogist, Vol. 7, No. 3 (Aug 1987), p. 129-139; Vol. 9 No. 1 (Feb 1989), p. 18-24; & more. [viewed on AmericanAncestors.org]
- [S37] "History of the Tilton Family in America", by Francis Theodore Tilton. publ. Clifton, N.J., F.T. Tilton, 1927-1930. Appears to be a serialized monograph, Vol. 1, Number 1 to 8. [Viewed via FamilySearch.org catalog]