M, #524, b. 24 June 1748, d. 1834
- Birth*: 24 June 17482
- Marriage*: 1773; Principal=Sarah Godfrey1
- Death*: 1834; Limerick, York Co., Maine; at age of 871
- Note*: Joseph Morrill Harper, a prominent New Hampshire politician and son of Samuel Harper and Sarah Godfrey, resided in Canterbury. The History of Canterbury book has brief accounts of Samuel Harper's Revolutionary War service and of his residences, and a genealogy of his descendants. The book also includes sketchy accounts of Samuel Harper and Sarah Godfrey's ancestries.1
- Note: It is assumed, not proven, that Samuel Harper son of Samuel & Elizabeth is the same Samuel Harper described in the History of Canterbury.
Last Edited: 7 Sep 2015
- [S141] History of the Town of Canterbury, New Hampshire, 1727-1912, in two volumes, Volume Two, Genealogy and Appendix, by James Otis Lyford , publ. 1912. Viewed on archive.org., p. 183.
- [S142] Brentwood, Rockingham Co., New Hampshire, Town Records 1742-1841 vol 1. [Viewed via FamilySearch.org catalog], image 365, stamped p. 714, orig, p. 631; children of Samuel Harper & Elizabeth Scribner.